Throughout his path working with the Iboga medicine, Anthony Esposito began working full-time with Iboga retreats in Costa Rica. After being initiated into the Bwiti tradition, experiencing his Bwiti Rites of Passage and graduating from his shamanic Iboga provider training, he founded Awaken Your Soul with the intention to spread the healing of this powerful medicine. He currently collaborates with retreats in Costa Rica, British Columbia, Gabon, Africa and organizes his own private retreats in various places.
Costa Rica Retreats
In January of 2014, Anthony assisted in the opening of Iboga Wellness in Costa Rica. He has been working with the facility, alongside founder Gary Cook, who’s influence has deeply influenced his path. Gary has been a strong foundation for Anthony to lean on, like a solid tree in the jungle. Anthony holds loving gratitude for this tribal elder, honoring Gary’s presence in ceremony and his life’s wisdom.
AYS is in constant collaboration with Iboga Wellness, setting up two to three retreats each month. These retreats are held on a beautiful, 400-acre finca (Spanish for farm) in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Anthony holds a great respect for leading ceremonies with this group, in the very place where his own journey with Iboga originated.
Included in our Costa Rican Iboga Retreats
- 8 Day Psycho-Spiritual Retreat, 2 Iboga Ceremonies
- 2 Fire Ceremonies and 2 Iboga Ceremonies (Day 2 & Day 5)
- Iboga Root Bark from sacred trees
- We also have TA, or Total Alkaloid Extract (we do not work with Ibogaine, which should be used only for drug detoxes)
- Cleansing spiritual shower in the river (you will wear light clothing)
- Life teachings of the Bwiti Tradition
- Preparation for ceremony and integration
- All guided journeys and ceremonies are overseen by highly trained providers in a shamanic setting
- Integration support available when you return home
- Private, air-conditioned accommodations and bathroom (optional shared rooms available)
- Wi-fi access
- 3 vibrant, organically-minded meals per day (inquire to see when Chef Amber will collaborating during retreats)
- Laundry service
- On-site swimming pool
- Beach outings
- Visit to waterfalls (dependent on time of year and retreat flow)
- Nature walks
- Massage (available upon request; additional costs apply)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off from Liberia Airport (LIR)
8 Day Session Schedule
- Day 1 – Orientation/Welcoming Ceremony
- Day 2 – Iboga Fire Ceremony and Iboga Journey, focused on detoxification of the body and mind
- Day 3 – Rest, relaxation and introspective time for processing information from the ceremony
- Day 4 – Offsite activity and Spiritual Shower ceremony
- Day 5 – Iboga Fire Ceremony and Iboga Journey, focused on spiritual discovery
- Day 6 – Rest, relaxation and introspective time for processing the information from the ceremony
- Day 7 – Full beach day
- Day 8 – Departure
Retreats with Amber & Anthony
At different times throughout the year, Anthony organizes retreats with his beautiful and talented wife, Amber—chef and founder of The Naked Bite. A healer through food, Amber adds her own spice to these retreats by incorporating radiant love and soul-nourishing foods. The energy of this loving duo, and the presence of Amber’s feminine medicine, creates a heart-opening sanctuary that is felt by all. Enhancing ambience with Feng Shui, Amber brings more than food to the table, allowing guests to feel comfortable and safe exploring themselves on a deep level.
For those interested, Awaken Your Soul and The Naked Bite facilitate private and group ceremonies outside of Costa Rica. To inquire, contact Anthony Esposito.
Gabon Africa Retreat
November 24 – December 7, 2017 Presented by The Iboga Wellness
This year’s retreat dives deeper into the Bwiti tradition and the healing of Iboga than ever before. Visitors will embark on a once-in-a-lifetime journey into the heart of the jungle, connecting to Gabon’s sacred people and ancient medicine.
From November 24 – December 7, 2017, this retreat will follow 10th Generation Bwiti Shaman Moughenda into his grandfather’s village, providing opportunities to meet the Pygmies-the people who taught the Bwiti the art of ceremony and ritual using Iboga.
Included in the journey
- Traditional Welcome Ceremony
- Missoko Bwiti Full Initiation
- Spiritual Shower
- Shamanic Physical Healings
- Herbal Jungle Medicines
- Ancient Bwiti Teachings
- Fresh Iboga Root Bark
- Traditional African Dancing
- Usage and Practice of Sacred Ceremonial Instruments
- Iboga Teas Prepared by Village Shamans
- Full Immersion into Sacred Tradition